Back in October, I co-presented Powerful Writing Techniques to Help You Persuade Judges and Win Clients with Hon. Gerald Lebovits. The ABA’s GP|Solo Division recorded the session, and will be offering it as part of a teleconference and live audio webcast on Wednesday, February 17 from noon-1:30 p.m. (Eastern). The program will start with a playback of the recorded session, followed by a live Q&A session with Judge Lebovits and me.
This program teaches lawyers to write more persuasively by using the same powerful techniques that copywriters have relied on for years. Topics covered in this course include:
- The greatest challenge your writing must overcome to persuade readers to take a desired action
- Basic concepts underlying all effective persuasive writing—ignore these and you’re sunk
- How to write a compelling brief that the judge just can’t put down
- The role of emotion in jurisprudence and how to trigger the reader’s emotions
- The things readers absolutely hate—and how to avoid them
- How to deal with objections to your position
- Closing the deal: conclusions and calls to action
- And more . . . .
CLE accreditation (for 1.5 hours in 50-minute states and 1.8 hours in 60-minute states) is pending.
You can register for the program at the ABA’s website.